Transport yourself to the Mediterranean with this simple and delicious dish. Serves 4 with leftovers.
- 2 lbs or 910 grams boneless skinless chicken breast
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp Chef Laura’s Greek Goddess spice blend
- 4 or 5 cloves Chef Laura’s Roasted Garlic
- 3 tbsp grapeseed oil (or any mildly flavoured oil)
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 5 to 6 Campari tomatoes (or grape tomatoes), halved
Handful chopped fresh parsley
Fresh basil leaves
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Pat chicken dry. Place your poultry on a cutting board. Using a meat mallet, poundand flatten the chicken. Repeat the process with the remaining chicken breasts.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides and place in a large mixing bowl or dish. Add spices, minced garlic, extra virgin olive oil, and lemon juice. Combine to make sure the chicken is evenly coated with the spices and garlic.
- In a large lightly-oiled baking dish or pan, spread onion slices on the bottom. Arrange seasoned chicken on top, adding the tomatoes.
- Cover the baking dish tightly with foil and bake for 10 minutes covered, then uncover and bake for another 8 to 10 minutes. This can take less or more time depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts. To be sure chicken is cooked through, use meat thermometer to get the proper temperature of 165 degrees F.)
- Remove from heat. Let chicken breasts rest (cover with foil or another pan) for 5 to 10 minutes or so before serving. Uncover and garnish with fresh parsley and basil. Enjoy!