Your favourite lemon pudding but with a Chef Laura twist!
- 1 tsp unflavoured powdered gelatin
- 8 large egg yolks
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 ⅓ cups heavy cream
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice or Meyer lemon juice
- 2 to 6 tbsp of Chef Laura’s Basil Simple Syrup
- In a small bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over 1 tbsp of water.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the sugar.
- In a medium or heavy saucepan, combine the cream and vanilla and bring to a simmer. While whisking constantly, slowly drizzle the cream into the egg yolk mixture.
- Pour the custard base into the saucepan and cook over moderately low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Strain the custard into a medium bowl. Add the softened gelatin and whisk until dissolved. Press a sheet of plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the pudding and let cool to room temperature.
- In a blender, puree the preserved lemon and lemon juice until well combined. Stir the lemon puree into the pudding. Cover again with plastic wrap and refrigerate the pudding until cold and thick, at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Drizzle with Chef Laura’s Basil Simple Syrup and serve.