- 1 tbsp. Chef Laura Veg Out (plus more to taste)
- 3 russet potatoes, peeled and quartered (22 ounces)
- 5 large leaves of curly kale, finely chopped and stems removed (about 1/2 bunch)
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter
1 spring onion, finely chopped (1/4 cup)
Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
1/2 stick (2 ounces) unsalted butter (for serving)
- Gather the ingredients.
- Lightly salt a pot of hot water and simmer the potatoes until soft in the middle when pierced with a sharp knife.
- In a different pot, blanch the curly kale in boiling water for 1 minute.
- Drain, shock and reserve.
- To shock the kale, simply run it under COLD water for a few minutes to stop the cooking process drain and squeeze out excess water.
- Drain the potatoes and add the butter.
- Mash the potatoes and butter until smooth and creamy.
- Add the kale and spring onion mixture and stir well.
- Add the finely chopped spring onions and season with salt and pepper to taste.